Grooves Sdn. Bhd. (1265226-W) and its group of companies (“Grooves”,“we”, “us”, “our” or “ours”), values your privacy and endeavours to protect your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) regarding the personal data concerning data subjects in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Our compliance ensures that your data is processed with due care and attention.
What Do We Collect
Personal data (“Personal Data”) is information which relates to you or identifies you. We may collect personal data and other information which includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Personal details such as name, identity card number or passport number, gender, nationality, date of birth or age, marital status, occupation or education qualifications; Your image, by way of video or photo shooting during our corporate event, or upon request for job applications, etc;
- Your image, by way of video or photo shooting during our corporate event, or upon request for job applications, etc;
- Contact information including telephone number, fax number, mobile number, postal and email address;
- Information collected upon you visiting our website such as IP address, web browser software and other automatically collected information about your visit;
- Other information collected from time to time that are in connection with any service, transaction, survey, questionnaire or communication with us.
How Do We Collect
We collect your personal information both directly and indirectly from you through:
- Recruitment forms
- Application forms for our products;
- For individuals, from your employer or employee when you, your legal representatives, or service providers send us completed forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in any of our premises;
- Third party sources such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, credit bureau reporting agencies, and publicly available source of information for applicants of our Products;
- Verbal and written communications with us and/or our authorised agents;
- Other sources which we have access to.
All information requested for in our forms are obligatory to be provided unless stated otherwise. In the event that you fail to provide us with the information, we may be unable to process your request/application.
Purposes For Which We Use Your Personal Data
The purposes for which your personal data is collected and further processed will vary depending on the nature of your relationship with us. The main purposes for which we process your data however, are mostly for recruitment and Products purposes. Hence, the information that you have given us are fundamental for us to understand your position and to enable us to process, thereby consider them appropriately.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Grooves may supply or disclose Personal Data, without the data subjects’ prior consent, to group companies of Grooves and other third parties that are service assignees of Grooves. Grooves may also supply or disclose Personal Data to third parties when it is necessary for some other justifiable reason permitted by laws and regulations.
Personal Data may be transferred to entities in countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA, such as Japan, if required for the purposes as described above. Please note that such countries or jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as the EEA and will not afford many of the rights conferred upon data subjects in the EEA. Grooves will ensure that any such international transfers are made subject to appropriate and suitable safeguards as required by the GDPR or other relevant laws. When doing so, Grooves will comply with applicable data protection requirements and take appropriate safeguards to ensure the security and integrity of Personal Data.
Retention of Personal Data
Grooves will retain Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In maintaining the security of your personal data with us, we ensure that adequate security control systems with a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures are in place to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We require the same level of security from our third party external service providers, agents or contractors apart from imposing a non-disclosure obligation upon them as part of their contractual obligation with us.
While we use our best endeavours to ensure that the privacy of all information is kept secure, no data transmission conducted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be wholly secured. Thus, we encourage you from transmitting any unencrypted information to us via the Internet as we are unable to guarantee the privacy or security of the same, unless otherwise stated. We shall neither be held responsible nor liable for any damages or losses which you may suffer, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of such information being stolen, tampered with, copied, abused, misused or otherwise violated.
We have provided you with links to other sites for your convenience and information. These other sites are controlled by third parties with their own privacy statement, which we highly recommend that you review upon visiting their websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
You have a right to request access to and correct your personal data in our possession by writing directly to us at the address set out below:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you; and
- Request to rectify or update your personal information.
Please take note that upon receipt of your written request and subject to us identifying you as the correct data subject or authorised requestor, we may:
- Charge a fee for processing your request for access or rectification; or
- Comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your personal information. Notification of such refusal and the reasons behind it will be given to you.
|Grooves Sdn. Bhd.|
|3A-01A, Glo Damansara Shopping Mall, 699, Jalan Damansara, TTDI, 60000 Kuala Lumpur|
If you do not consent to the above, kindly contact us at the contact details stated above.